Homemade Mullein Oil
Ingredients: Fresh mullein flowers and olive oil
Mullein flowers can be found at any herbal health store or even possibly in your back yard. This plant is tall with yellow flowers.
- Place (but do not pack) flowers in a clean glass jar.
- Cover with just enough olive oil to submerge all the flowers.
- Stir the flowers to release any air bubbles.
- Place in a warm location, such as the top of a refrigerator or in the sun, for 3 days.
- Pour the contents through a fine strainer
The drops can be used directly by putting 2 in each ear 3 times per day. Stored in a cool place, this oil can last for up to two years!
Homemade Garlic Vinegar
Ingredients: 4 Garlic heads, divided into individual cloves and one pint of cider vinegar.
- Using a blender, blend the unpeeled garlic cloves and vinegar thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered container and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 weeks.
- Strain and discard the garlic.
There are more effective ways to treat ear infections, using only natural ingredients. For more information and my recommended resource on treating an ear infection.
By Alex King