April 16, 2014

What To Expect From Spirulina Side Effects

Spirulina is a blue algae diet supplement that is known to provide numerous health improvements. It truly is a balance diet source because it features carbohydrate, antioxidant, protein, minerals and vitamins. However similar to most supplements, spirulina too has some unwanted effects if not consumed with care. Having said that, the adverse effects are few and it is certainly preventable.
Individuals struggling with anemia could feel faintness, tiredness and random hunger pangs. Undiagnosed patients that feel any of these conditions are encouraged to consult with a physician and get checked for anemia.
A fever and nausea could occur because of the excessive protein consumption. The high protein content of spirulina causes the most widespread side effects, which is an elevated body's temperature. This is sparked through the metabolism of the increased protein that is followed by the release of heat. The generated heat and the temperature changes may cause fever.
Spirulina intake must be together with plenty of water for the effective ingestion of the supplement. 500 milliliters of water is suggested to be consumed with the consumption of the supplement. Without having enough intake of water, negative effects like extreme thirst and constipation will occur.
Some people might experience body rash or itchiness of skin. This is an uncommon issue which might be initiated by an allergic reaction to the blue green algae in general. Just a few consumers have been reported to suffer from the side effect. It should not impact for most users.
Damage to the liver and kidney is among the most severe negative effects that may be triggered from consuming spirulina. This is often a result of the concentration of nucleic acid found in the organic matter in which the blue green algae were obtained from. Therefore a user is recommended to take the capsules from algae that contain a small level of nucleic acid. Taking high quality supplements can help to save the trouble of getting a liver and kidney damage.
Spirulina intake could cause the stomach to produce unwanted gases which could cause abdominal pain. This is due to its high nutrient content contained in the product. When it gets ingested, the body system may release more gases than usual.
Examples above are some of the most familiar negative effects. However the reactions pointed out here are absolutely preventable. Consuming the appropriate dose of the supplement is important to be able to enjoy it without any health issue. For that reason, it is guided that the daily maximum should be under 3 grams.By Ruth Evans
What To Expect From Spirulina Side Effects
Read More

April 14, 2014

Pregnancy and How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks

Perhaps before we begin to consider the question of how to get rid of stretch marks we should gain some understanding of just what they are and what causes them to appear. Then we can consider appropriate treatments.
Today, something like 90% of women are prone to these problems arising during the course of their pregnancy.
Pregnancy is not the only cause of them on your skin. They can also be due to puberty or obesity, however this article will focus primarily on pregnancy stretch marks arising when your abdomen gets stretched suddenly and loses its elasticity. This gives rise to fine lines appearing on your skin. They can appear anywhere - on your stomach, thighs, breasts, or on your buttocks. The distension of your breasts causing them usually appears during pregnancy because during this period the breasts become enlarged and heavier.
In the early stages these stretch marks appear as red or purple in color but with time these lines fade and turn whitish, irrespective of whether they are treated or not. They have their origins in the middle layer of our skin from which our skin receives nourishment.
There are many treatments available for removing these like laser treatment, lotions and dermabrasion or chemical peel. But do realize that pregnancy stretch marks are not at all harmful and fortunately they can be treated easily with some very safe home-made formulations. These also include some very effective herbal recipes.
First and foremost though, you should attend to the basics. Start by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day so as to hydrate the skin. Also avoid caffeinated drinks such as coffee and cola as much as possible, as these can result in an undue amount of fluid being flushed from the body.
Ensure you get plenty of fresh air and exercise and eat fiber rich meals such as fish and nuts which include zinc; and foods rich in Vitamins A, C and D such as carrots and milk. Your meals should also include liberal portions of green leafy vegetables and fruits.
A good friend of mine had no idea where to start when it came to getting rid of her stretch marks.
But she soon had the problem solved after acquiring a quite remarkable publication she'd found on the net. This showed her how to solve her problem using nothing more than common everyday household ingredients - which if not found in the kitchen cupboard can be easily obtained from your local supermarket or health food store.
She'd heard about many of the common herbal treatments which included daily massage with the likes of cocoa butter, olive oil, wheat germ oil and so on. But this took things to another level altogether. As she explained to me .. "This was just something else".
Besides these herbal stretch mark treatments, there are many lotions for pregnancy stretch mark removal. These creams contain vitamin C and vitamin E, which moisturizes your skin. Again - while not completely eliminating them these can also be used effectively to fade the appearance of lines.
Laser surgery is of course an option, if you are seeking how to get rid of them completely. Today, technology relating to laser surgery has advanced and has resulted in dermabrasion, an effective way of getting rid of unwanted ugly stretch marks. But it should be noted that such treatment does not come cheap. In the first instance you might like to take a look at the other alternatives.
hails from Auckland, the City of Sails, New Zealand and all of his adult life he has had a strong interest in all aspects of holistic health, especially focusing on natural herbal remedies and recipes.By
Read More

April 12, 2014

Ten Easy and Basic Beauty Tips

In today's' world, there is so much stress and as a result you tend to display signs of aging at an early age. In addition to stress, improper eating habits can also change the texture of your skin.
Of course, the market is filled with cosmetics that claim to have a unique formula to help you combat this situation.
However, more effective than such chemical-based treatments are natural treatment, which you can do in your home. All that's required is a couple of minutes of your time. It costs less as well, just think about how much you would be spending in the beauty parlour on such matters! Not to mention the time taken when you go there to put on a face-masks.

Here are some tips on how you can enhance you look the natural way:
>> If your skin is rough, apply orange juice to your face. It will give you skin a smooth and soft texture.
>> Cabbage juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey is effective in combating wrinkles.
>> Those who suffer from scars can get relief by applying a mix made up of red sandalwood and honey. It's quite effective!
>> For a radiant look, make a mix consisting of 50ml of tomato juice and one teaspoon of lemon juice and apply to your face.
>> Those having trouble with acne and pimples should mash some fresh garlic and apply on the face. Wait for about 15 minutes and then wash off. Garlic's antibiotic properties will erase the problem.
>> In case you are suffering from blackheads, make a past of honey, oatmeal and egg white and apply this paste on your skin. Wait for about 10 minutes and rise using warm water.
>> If you have too much oily skin, you can remove the excess oil by applying a past of wheat flour mixed with water. Wait till the paste dries on the face and them wash off.
>> Dry skin can become itchy so if you have this problem, take a ripe banana and mash it. Add one teaspoon of honey to this mash and mix well, apply it on your face. Your dry skin will become moisturised and your skin will also tightened.
>> You can peel of apple skin and use it to cleanse your skin.
>> Take an ice cube and run in on your face to increase blood circulation and revitalise your skin.
Try any one or a combination of these beauty tips depending on what kind of results you wish to see, the type of skin you have and what kind of problems you have on your face (e.g. blackheads, pimples).
To see true results, you need to keep applying specific mixes or pastes, regularly because natural remedies take time to show effect. They will not give you any side effects, unlike chemical-based products, which can actually darken your skin after a period of time.
Read More

April 11, 2014

Do you have dark elbows and dark knees? Are these the reasons why you can't find pleasure in wearing stylish clothes? Do you always find yourself covering these areas up?
Dark elbows and knees can really put a damper tone one's self-esteem. But you can still solve dark skin problem. Just try the following effective solutions:
1. I suggest using a skin scrub made up of brown sugar, lemon juice and honey. Scrubbing your skin can help slough off dead skin cells. Dead skin cells tend to make the elbows and the knees rough and dark. This skin scrub can also help inhibit melanin production.
When you are exfoliating or scrubbing your skin, it is important to remember not to use it on dry skin. Always dampen your skin first. The best time to use your scrub is during your bath. Dampen your skin and apply the scrub before using your soap.
2. Try using pearl powder. This is a skin-whitening treatment often used by Chinese women in the past. Pearl powder can be used as a topical treatment. Mix a pinch of pearl powder with two to three tablespoons of almond oil. Rub it on your knees and on your elbows. Almond oil also helps because of its ability to hydrate the skin and inhibit melanin.
3. Try using glycolic acid. This can be taken from sugar cane juice. Glycolic acid has the ability to replace old and damaged skin. It can immediately push younger and whiter skin to the surface of the dermis. You can try mixing sugar cane juice with turmeric powder. Apply it on the affected areas of your skin.
4. Look for a whitening cream that contains Extrapone Nutgrass, Phytessence Wakame, Maracuja and Manuka Honey.
Extrapone Nutgrass is a reliable whitening agent. It can actually inhibit the production of melanin by up to 45% during the first two weeks of use. With continuous use, you can lighten your skin up to match the rest of your skin tone. This ingredient also has emollient properties that can completely hydrate the skin.
Phytessence Wakame is a kind of Japanese sea kelp that can prevent the loss of hyaluronic acid. This acid is needed to lubricate collagen fibers. Because it can hydrate skin tissues, it prevents damages from happening.
Maracuja is a Brazilian passion fruit. It has emollient properties that can mimic the moisture-retaining functions of the skin. Manuka honey is also a beneficial ingredient because of its ability to lessen the appearance of scars and lighten up skin tone. It can help make your skin brighter and more vibrant.By
Solutions For Your Dark Elbows And Knees - How To Even Out Skin Tone
Read More

How to Cure Gout Attacks Without Prescription Drugs

Gout is a very painful inflammatory condition of the joints, caused by crystallized uric acid collecting around the affected joint. The most common joint affected is the big toe; however, gout can affect the ankle, instep, heel, knee, spine, elbow, wrist, and finger. In severe cases, gout can deform the affected joint.
People prone to gout tend to have high uric acid levels in their blood. The high uric acid levels may be caused by the kidneys' failure to adequately remove uric acid from the blood.
Uric Acid Level
You say, "Okay, my kidneys aren't working properly. So what can I do to cure my gout?" The answer is you can do a lot.
First of all, certain foods and beverages heighten the body's uric acid level, and certain foods and beverages don't. So if you avoid the foods and beverages that heighten your uric acid level, and partake in the foods and beverages that don't, you will never get a gout attack - thus curing your gout condition!
What are the foods and beverages that heighten the body's uric acid level, causing a gout attack? Meats and seafood promote gout attacks. Do you like beef, pork, lamb, liver, bacon, fish, lobster, mussels, scallops, or shrimp? Sorry, you have to pass on these. To a lesser degree, chicken, turkey, and duck promote gout attacks. Do you like beer? Well you don't anymore, because beer promotes gout attacks.
High-Protein Foods
Avoiding meats and seafood puts you in a dilemma. You avoid these foods to avoid gout attacks, but your body cannot function properly without protein - meats and seafood are common sources of protein! What do you do?
Luckily, there are high-protein foods that don't cause gout attacks. They are listed below categorically.
Eggs and Dairy Products: High in protein are milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and eggs.
Grains and Cereals: High in protein are buckwheat, amaranth grain (usually sold in health food shops), and quinoa.
Nuts and Seeds: High in protein are peanuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds.
Beans including Soy: High in protein are tofu, soy milk, beans, soy beans, and split peas.
Red Wine
So all you have to do is substitute these high-protein foods for the meats and seafood that you usually eat. "But what about beer? Is there a substitute for that? I need to have a beer to unwind after work," you say. Once again, you are in luck.
Since red wine doesn't elevate the body's uric acid level, it doesn't cause gout attacks. In fact, red wine may even lower uric acid levels! And certainly red wine is just as effective as beer in helping you to unwind.
High-Dose Vitamin C
Not only may red wine reduce uric acid levels, vitamin C may also do likewise. High-dose vitamin C reduces uric acid levels in most gout sufferers. However, for some gout sufferers, high-dose vitamin C worsens their condition.
A dose of 500 mg per day significantly reduces uric acid levels in most gout sufferers. But before you begin a vitamin C regimen, you should get your physician's approval; because high-dose vitamin C might possibly eliminate uric acid from your body too quickly, causing kidney stones.
Is Protein Substitution Practical?
Some of you may be saying right about now, "Okay, this all makes sense, but it's impractical. This protein substitution lacks variety; there's no way I can follow it." Lack of variety? Let's see. I'll attempt to brainstorm a variety of gout-safe high-protein foods.
The following foods contain cheese, and can be served without meats and seafood: pizza, cheese ravioli, baked ziti, mozzarella sticks, eggplant Parmesan, cheese omelette, lasagna, muffin egg and cheese sandwich, macaroni and cheese, baked potato with cheddar cheese sauce, stuffed shells Italiano, cheese manicotti in marinara sauce, salad with blue cheese dressing, cheesecake, broccoli cheese soup, asparagus with Parmesan cheese, smoked mozzarella fonduta, fettuccine alfredo, penne with goat cheese, and ricotta gnocchi.
The following foods contain buckwheat, and can be served without meats and seafood: buckwheat pancakes, buckwheat breads, buckwheat muffins, buckwheat crackers, buckwheat bagels, buckwheat cookies, buckwheat tortillas, some breakfast cereals, buckwheat grits, kasha, buckwheat porridge, buckwheat salad with mushrooms and parsley oil, kasha varnishkes, buckwheat noodles, Japanese soba noodles, California buckwheat chapati, kasha knishes, and some blini.
The following foods contain peanuts, and can be served without meats and seafood: peanut candy, salted nuts, peanut butter, peanut butter sandwiches, vegetable salads mixed with peanut sauce, peanut-based dipping sauce, peanut butter crackers, mandelonas (peanuts soaked in almond flavoring), some health food bars, some breakfast cereals, peanut butter cookies, celery sticks filled with peanut butter, honey peanut steamed tea bread, cherry peanut granola, peanut squares, peanut butter crisps, trail mixes, some spaghetti sauces, boiled peanuts, peanut butter spread on toast, gorp (good old raisins and peanuts), Cajun flavored peanuts, peanut soup, peanut rolls, peanut muffins, peanut cake, peanut pudding, baked peanuts with rice, and peanut stuffing.
The following foods contain tofu, and can be served without meats and seafood: tofu with vegetable medley, tofu muffins, tofu and cheese omelet, sauteed tofu steak, tofu caramel custard, tofu anmitsu (traditional fruit salad), broiled tofu steak, tomato and olive tofu spread, braised cubed tofu steak with eggplant and zucchini, tofu steak with teriyaki butter sauce, tofu steak sandwich, tofu steak with salsa sauce, tofu steak nuggets, tofu steak fajita, tofu steak with Asian mushroom sauce, tofu and egg burger, tofu and vegetable burger, tofu burger, tofu quesadilla, oriental tofu salad, split pea soup with tofu, creamy oriental tofu dressing, tofu broccoli lasagna, grilled tofu and cheese, tofu spaghetti sauce, Spanish rice with tofu, tofu and vegetable stir-fry, zesty Italian pasta and tofu, spicy tofu chili, spicy tofu burritos, Tex-Mex tofu lasagna, pita stuffed tofu salad, tofu custard filled cake, pineapple tofu pie, and tofu custard with sesame flavor.
Attempting brevity, I only brainstormed gout-safe high-protein foods containing cheese, buckwheat, peanuts, and tofu. If I were to include gout-safe high-protein foods containing milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, amaranth grain, quinoa, almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, soy milk, beans, soy beans, and split peas, I would end up writing a novel. Though I only focused on foods containing cheese, buckwheat, peanuts, and tofu, you can see that there is plenty of variety.
Warnings, Interactions, and Side Effect
Gout attacks can be cured by following the dietary changes suggested here. However, please keep in mind that it is easier to prevent gout attacks than intervene in the middle of gout attacks. So it is best to use the suggested dietary changes proactively rather than reactively.
Some foods suggested here can dangerously interact with some prescription drugs or medical conditions. For example, eating cheese while taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) can kill you. Also, drinking red wine while having liver cirrhosis can worsen your condition. So to be on the safe side, you should get the approval of your physician and pharmacist before following the suggested dietary changes.
Gout-prone people can have a side effect from aspirin. Though normal people can take aspirin without having a side effect, gout-prone people can have the side effect of a gout attack. So if you are gout-prone and have a headache, it is best that you take Motrin (ibuprofen) instead of Bayer (aspirin).
Summary
Though prescription drugs such as allopurinol prevent gout attacks, some people prefer a more natural prevention. This article outlines a gout prevention plan, consisting of protein substitution, alcoholic beverage substitution, and taking high-dose vitamin C supplements. This article proposes that dietary changes alone can prevent gout attacks.By
How to Cure Gout Attacks Without Prescription Drugs
Read More

April 09, 2014

Colon cancer is a serious disease characterized by abnormal cell growth in the colon, which creates a cancerous tumor. This kind of illness ranks third in the list of the most common forms of cancer and are most often prevalent in people over 50 years old, but can occur in patients of any age.
Cancers of the colon, or of the rectum, are highly treatable if they are diagnosed in the early stages of the disease. However, many people often are not diagnosed in time as early symptoms are not always recognized and, when they are, people are somewhat hesitant to discuss the details of their symptoms with a doctor.


The symptoms include:
  1. Abdominal pain, bloating, or discomfort
  2. Bloody stool
  3. Long, thin stool (often described as pencil-like)
  4. Unintended weight loss
  5. Loss of appetite
  6. Changes in normal bowel habits (rectal bleeding, diarrhea, constipation, or feeling an inability to completely empty the bowel).
Each year nearly 150,000 new cases of this disease are reported. There is no identifiable cause for it, but the following are some of the factors that may increase the risk of its development:
  • Gender (Both men and women are equally prone to developing the malady. However, men tend to develop the rectal version at slightly higher rates, while women are more prone to the colon variety)
  • Age (The sickness can be developed at any age, but the chances are increased in people over the age of 50 years old.)


  • Diabetes
  • Obesity
  • Cigarette smoking
  • Alcohol consumption
  • Poor diet
  • Family history
  • Personal history.
  • People with a family history of colorectal cancer are slightly more prone to developing it. If more than one family member has been diagnosed with the problem, the risk is even higher. Also, diets high in calories and fat, and low in fiber add to an increased risk of developing the disorder. Anyone over the age of 50 should undergo regular screening for the disorder, but anyone in any of the above risk groups should begin earlier.
    Screening normally consists of an annual rectal exam, including stool samples. Some exams may require a scope to be inserted into the rectum in order to view the entire bowel. If there is cause for concern or further examination of the colon's tissue, a biopsy may be ordered for a closer analysis. If cancer is discovered, other tests, such as an ultrasound, CT scan or X-ray would be done in order to determine whether it has spread to other areas. Of particular concern is the liver as it is one of the more likely places that this dangerous disease spreads to.
    Because the risk can be reduced by a high fiber diet, proper weight management (including exercise) and by not smoking, it is highly recommended that people opt for healthier lifestyles and decrease their chances of developing this type of life threatening ailment, and others, as much as possible.
    Anyone who has experienced some of the previously mentioned symtoms, or who are in one of the risks groups for the disease, is advised to seek screening tests as early as possible since colorectal cancer responds very well to treatment in the earliest stages.By
    Read More

    April 08, 2014

    Unbelievable Natural Cures for COPD

    COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a progressive disease that tends to make breathing difficult. The symptoms of the condition are miserable, which includes chronic coughing and wheezing that produces a lot of mucus and causes chest tightness. Caused due to various reasons, such as prolonged exposure to allergies and pollution, smoking and other environmental and health problems, COPD is the fourth leading cause of demise in the United States. Whilst there are different types of traditional treatments the condition, natural cure for COPD has come up as one of the commonest and most effective methods of healing the condition from its roots.


    Noted herein is a few methods of natural cure for COPD:
    Alternatives to Traditional Medicine
    According to research, there are some natural supplements that can cure COPD clearly. These supplements comprise of natural ingredients, such as herbs and nutrients that can combat breathing problems and proffer a soothing effect. Some of the common supplements recommended for the condition are:
    - Vitamin C, D, E: As per the University of Maryland research reports, Vitamin deficiency has been the leading cause of COPD. Supplementing the body with these vitamins can help in curing the condition.
    - Magnesium: Lower levels of magnesium due to lack of proper nutrition alters lung functions to cause problems. Therefore, giving generous amounts of magnesium to the body can improve lung functions.
    - Omega 3 fatty acids: It acts as anti-inflammatory agents and helps in soothing COPD. It is a natural cure for COPD as it works by countering the inflammation of airway in patients with COPD. Omega 3 fatty acids can be derived from foods and supplements. It is abundantly found in oily fishes, walnuts, flaxseed, canola oil and soybeans.
    - Glutamine: An essential amino acid that helps in curing COPD.
    - Creatine: Often recommended as it helps in increasing muscle endurance and strength. Wastage of skeletal muscles and their overall dysfunction is the two strong and independent predictors of mortality in COPD patients. Creatine supplements will help in increasing muscle mass and overall performance. It will further promote fat-free mass and increase muscular capacity of the body.
    Antioxidant Profile for COPD
    The two characteristic features of COPD are chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. Antioxidants help in targeting these features and boost the overall endogenous levels of the antioxidants to cure COPD. Different types of antioxidants, either in the form of supplements or natural sources, can be used as natural cures for COPD.
    Soy Foods
    Soy foods contain generous amounts of omega 3 fatty acids that help in reducing the effects of COPD significantly. It leads to fewer episodes of breathing problems and reduced breathlessness.
    Herbal Treatment
    Natural cure for COPD remains incomplete without the herbs. There are different herbs that contribute to an improved respiratory condition and breathing.
    - Ginseng: Ginseng is one of the most beneficial roots that are used for treating patients with different illnesses. The use of ginseng is prevalent in traditional Chinese Medicine for the past 2000 years. Ginseng can be taken directly, as root, or in the form of tablets or capsules, as available.
    - Olive leaf: One of the common herbs that can ease the symptoms and misery of COPD, olive leaf is unequivocally beneficial. It can reduce inflammation and help in treating the real infection. It also acts as natural antibiotic having antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
    - Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper improves breathing and increases blood circulation. A blend of cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and honey can be extremely beneficial for curing COPD.
    - Serrapeptase: It is a naturally occurring enzyme that has inhibitory effects on the prostaglandins. It does not cause any gastrointestinal side effects.
    There are several other herbal cures for COPD, which includes Echinacea, astragalus, quercetin, ginseng, milk thistle, lobelia, eucalyptus and thyme. Any of these herbs can be used to treat the condition effectively.
    Salt Therapy
    Salt Therapy is an innovative procedure that has led to significant improvement in patients with COPD. The therapy has demonstrated positive dynamics of several symptoms; it has helped in decreasing the intensity and frequency of cough, easier sputum expectoration and seedy recovery.
    Salt aerosol is inhaled to cleanse the entire respiratory system and speed up the process of toxin elimination. Salt aerosol is known to have excellent bactericidal effects that cleanse microbial flora of respiratory tract, thereby swing down the growth of bacteria. Salt aerosol also works like a decongestant, and helps in reducing inflammation widening of airways.
    Salt Therapy is 100% natural and safe treatment for COPD.By
    Read More

    April 07, 2014

    Sweating is a very normal process of our bodily mechanism. Sweat keeps us cool and acts as a natural defense mechanism. However when sweating occurs excessively, it can create a new problem that can make life difficult for you. If you are troubled by excessive sweating, it may be comforting to know that there are plenty of natural and effective home made remedies to help you stop sweating in excess.
    While these home made concoctions may sound like an ancient esoteric formula that originates from your grandmother's kitchen, never disregard their effectiveness in helping you overcome excessive sweating, even in today's high-tech modern world.
    If you are looking for some effective home remedies to help you stop sweating in excess, check out five of the most popular solutions you can try out for yourself.
    1. The Magic of Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
    This concoction is meant to be ingested orally. Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with two teaspoons of raw, organic, honey. Take the formula three times a day on an empty stomach, half an hour before a meal or after each meal. You can expect to see results within a week. There is another bonus effect from this method of treatment, as it tends to fire up your metabolism! And that simply translates to more energy, vigor and more fat-burning power.

    2. Harness the Power of Activated Charcoal
    This home-made remedy can be used to treat your problem, from the inside out. Results can be seen within two days and you can expect your sweating problems to be reduced to a significant amount. However do take note of a few precautionary measures. It is advisable to take charcoal on an empty stomach. However if it results in some undesirable conditions such as vomiting or tummy pain, change your time of intake to midday or even before you retire to bed.
    3. Liquid chlorophyll and Sage Fluid Extract
    The powerful combination liquid chlorophyll and sage fluid extract has been proven time and again as an excellent remedy for over sweating problems. What you need is just one teaspoon of liquid chlorophyll and one tiny milliliters of sage extract (you can use a dropper to achieve this) and mix it with a glass of delicious orange juice or any other fruit juices that you may fancy.
    4. Tomato juice
    The good old juicy tomato may be beneficial for your skin and eyes, but they are excellent to combat excessive sweating problems. Start a one-week regimen of drinking pure, freshly grated tomato juice for one whole week. Then you may begin to alternate the drinks every other day for the following week. Just watch how much progress you have made in your quest to fight excessive sweating problems.
    5. The Cotton Pads Treatment
    For external treatment, you can grab some cotton wool pads and soak them in baking soda, with lemon juice and dab it on your underarms. This is a marvelous way to reduce body odor and perspiration while giving you a clean, fresh and tingly feeling all day long!
    These are merely some of the popular home made remedies to help you stop excessive sweating. It doesn't hurt to experiment some of these treatments yourself and see which is the most suitable for your condition. Finally, use your common sense and avoid foods that can aggravate your excessive sweating problem such as spicy, curry and pepper. By
    Read More

    April 06, 2014

    5 Low Cost Ways to Soothe the Sting of Sunburn

    Each of us most likely has at least one memory of a nasty sunburn. Whether experienced personally, or by a close family member or friend, the symptoms are likely to include anything from red hot skin - either tender or painful to touch, to nausea, dehydration, blistering and flaking or peeling of the skin.
    As anyone who has experienced bad sunburn will verify, the amount of time spent causing the sunburn, is largely disproportionate to the length of time that can be spent suffering the consequences of its effects. In this respect, and depending on the severity of burning, -- pain and discomfort can persist for several days after the event, as the body works to heal and recover from the unprotected UV exposure.
    Unless the symptoms are severe, (in which instance you may need to consider medical treatment), here are 5 simple home remedies that will cost you next to nothing, and which will assist in soothing the sting and pain of sunburn:
    1. Cool baths: - Soaking in a cool * bath is one of the best ways to draw heat from the skin and soothe the pain and discomfort of sunburn. (Avoid 'cold' as this can cause the body to go into shock.) Here are some additional things to add to your baths for further relief:
    a. Add 10 drops of so of essential oil (chamomile or lavender) to the bath. Soak for 15 minutes or until relief is felt.
    b. Adding baking soda (or oatmeal) to a lukewarm bath can also relieve sunburn pain. For this treatment to work best, try to make sure that all affected areas are submerged. Bath water can be poured over your body using your hands or a soft washcloth. Burned facial areas can be gently dabbed using the cloth, or alternately you can splash water directly onto your face. After soaking, lightly pat the skin dry with a soft towel (preferably cotton). If you've taken an oatmeal bath, let the light coating of oatmeal that clings to your skin remain.
    c. Adding vinegar to the bath water will help in taking the sting out of sunburn.
    2. Rubbing alcohol: - Because it evaporates so quickly, dabbing on rubbing alcohol will quickly cool and ease the pain of sunburned skin.
    3. Vinegar: - Vinegar is an effective and cooling treatment for sunburn. Soak towels with it, and apply to the burned areas. Alternately you can fill a spray bottle and spray it directly on the skin as needed.
    4. Egg Whites: - If your burn is painfully hot, separating the white from the yolk of an egg, and then spreading the white over the affected area will help to cool the burning instantly. This can be repeated as often as needed.
    5. Potatoes: - Potatoes can also be used to relieve the pain of sunburn. Take 2 potatoes and wash them well. Cut them into tiny chunks and place in a blender to liquefy. (If the result appears too dry, add some water). Pat the affected areas with potato juice. Wait until dry, and then rinse off in a cool shower or bath.
    Remember that as well as causing varying degrees of discomfort and pain, repeated sun exposure and sunburn also accelerates the aging process and can increase the risk of cataracts and skin cancer. Prevention therefore should also always be considered more preferable than treatment!
    DISCLAIMER: These are home remedy tips only, and should not replace your regular health care provider. If in doubt at any time in relation to your sunburn, please seek the appropriate health care assistance.By
    Read More

    My 10 Suppressed Natural Cancer Cures

    As I have been saying in previous articles the medical/pharmaceutical owned and controlled cancer establishment do not want you to know that ever since time immemorial there has been cheap, natural and non-toxic cures for cancer.
    If any of these non-patentable cures were allowed to be known to the public at large then, as a result, they would seriously undercut the medical/pharmaceutical owned and controlled cancer establishment's business. So, whether it has been through making these successful alternative cures with their related practitioners illegal or paying off the mainstream media to blackout, ignore or ridicule, even when knowing they do in effect cure cancer, the establishment have shown that money is more important to them than truth.
    The establishment's treatment of cancer: chemotherapy, radiation and surgery largely achieve poor results and cancer is therefore only a major life-threatening illness because of the suppression of the highly effective cheap, natural and non-toxic cures.
    So here's my list of 10 suppressed natural cancer cures. Indeed, this is not an exhaustive account and you may know others. Either way I encourage you to do your own research but beware of the deliberate misinformation media sources with their weak arguments and purposely left out relevant information to make the case against cheap, natural and non-toxic alternative cures look stronger or plausible. Some of them are secretly cancer establishment sponsored!
    1. Royal (William) Rife's Cancer Machine
    In the 1930's California microbiologist Royal Rife after many years put together a 'universal microscope' basically designed to focus on cancer cells by identifying their wave frequency of vibration being different to normal cells... The universal microscope could then be used to send beams of a specific frequency from a ray tube which zapped and killed the cancer cells. This Rife called the mortal oscillatory rate which was very successful in destroying cancer in patients. So successful, in fact, Rife's machine cured 16 out of 16 cancer patients and some had been hopeless cases.
    However, into the 1940's and 50's well into the manufacture of the cancer machines, having established treatment clinics, Rife found himself caught up in a legal wrangle with the establishment's big boys such as the American Medical Association. In spite of Rife winning court cases... his equipment was finally laid to rest, seized by the authorities for illegal alternative practices in medicine.
    2. Laetrile Cancer Treatment
    Ernest Krebs learned that the isolated indigenous Hunsas people living at the foot of the Himalayas lived to very high ages before death. He found that apricot kernels was very much used in their diet, containing high vitamin B17 levels, which he theorised was responsible for contributing to no cancer recorded in this area. He made a refined (distilled) version of vitamin B17 and called it laetrile. It was found that laetrile or B17 destroyed the enzyme beta-glycosidase in the cancer cell's metabolic pathway and thus could cure cancer when using it as a therapy.
    Bad science (deliberate?), politics, corporate greed and adverse publicity basically destroyed this great discovery from getting deserved recognition at large...
    3. Harry Hoxey's Herbal Remedies
    Successful businessman Harry Hoxey after curing his horse with cancer used the same paste-applied herbal remedy on people. His herbal formula had achieved 80% success over 80 years. In the 1960's his clinic in Texas was shut down for illegal practices... All for curing people of cancer. A former nurse working with Hoxey's remedy took the treatment to Mexico which still survives today.
    4. Metabolic Nutritional Therapy
    This is the idea that certain anti-cancer foods can be used as a strict dietary regime. Again this has been highly successful but the cancer establishment seldom mention nutrition: No money to be made there...
    5. Gerson Therapy
    This follows on from 4 in the respects that it is a form of metabolic nutritional therapy, using body detoxification to assist in the process. Gerson therapy originally devised by Max Gerson was fully recognised in congress from hearings in the 1920's but was later struck of the record. One can only assume because of the threat it posed to undercutting the medical/pharmaceutical's businesses and less governmental revenues... if got to the public at large.
    6. Otto Warburg Oxygen Therapy
    Another great individual with his pioneering work in the 1930's was biochemist Otto Warburg. He was unjustly ridiculed by the establishment for coming up with the finding that oxygen is an environment that cancer cells don't like. Warburg said that cancer cells manifest in an oxygen deprived environment. Why do you think you never hear of cancer of the heart? It's because the heart contains oxygen rich blood... This has been ignored by the establishment.
    7. John Baird Proteolytic Enzyme Therapy
    At the turn of the 20th century Scottish doctor Baird noticed that during early foetal development the mother's placental cells behave like cancer cells in that they show rapid growth. By pregnancy day 56, when the foetus has formed its pancreas, it produces pancreatic enzymes that switch off this rapid growth. So basically Baird theorised, given that these placental cells behave like cancer cells in that they exhibit rapid growth, like the foetal cells, could the cancer cells be switched off by pancreatic enzymes? The answer is yes! Yes, cancer could be successfully treated using pancreatic enzymes. However, in spite of its success, the treatment was laid to rest invalidated and radiation therapy was chosen by the establishment instead...
    8. Tullio Simoncini Cancer Therapy
    Brilliant tenacious Italian doctor Tullio Simoncini has been subjected to huge pressures from the establishment to succumb: In spite of the ridicule and attempts at legal action he continues his work today focussing on treating cancer as a fungus called Candida resulting from a poor immune system. Simoncini found that antifungal treatment did not work. The solution was not only cheap but simple. He gave patients sodium bicarbonate internally through an endoscope (tube). This allows the bicarbonate to go directly to the cancer. As mentioned above this great cancer breakthrough has however been largely ignored by the cancer establishment.
    9. Stanislaw Burzynski Antineoplastons
    There is a movie available to see on U-Tube called "Cancer Is a Serious Business." This award winning scandalous true story movie made my cry. It shows how a medical man &biochemist Dr Stanislaw Burzynski discovered a cancer cure using gene therapy, but had to deal with the mite of the American Food and Drug Administration who tried to criminalise him for his practices. A 14 year 60 million dollar US tax payer's money legal battle ensued... The fact that he had help saved many lives, curing sometimes even hopeless cancer cases was never the issue! The real issue was the fact that Dr Burzynski was undercutting the cancer establishment's business...
    10. Anti-Oxidants
    The late great scientist twice Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling was turned down when he tried to get funding with his colleagues for further research on vitamin C and its role in fighting cancer: He found that leukaemia sufferers had low levels of vitamin C. When these sufferers were given frequently high doses of vitamin C they went into remission (recovery)... Pauling also discovered that frequent vitamin C high dosing stops the migratory pathways that cancer cells use to metastasise (spread). It is inconceivable to me that this could be ignored but has been (and still is).
    In summary
    The above clearly shows that the medical/pharmaceutical establishment has the upper hand in controlling cancer. Power, political gain and profit are indeed the ulterior motives. I would encourage the reader to do his/her own study and learn to discern: For example, look at the mass media reports on cancer and ask yourself does this have vested interest. Ask yourself who stands to gain..?
    My 10 Suppressed Natural Cancer Cures
    Read More

    April 04, 2014

    Health Benefits of Vitamin E

    The health benefits of vitamin E range include skin enhancement, wound healing, immune function, and protection against various diseases. Also called alpha-tocopherol, vitamin E is believed to reduce cholesterol and plaque buildup, reducing the risk of stroke and coronary artery disease (CAD).
    Vitamin E is an essential nutrient, which means the body needs it but cannot produce it on its own. However, vitamin E deficiency is rare because it is fat-soluble - it is stored in the fat tissues for up to six months before getting depleted. Common food sources include nuts, poultry, wheat products, and various vegetable oils, particularly wheat germ oil. It is also available as a health supplement. Other health benefits of vitamin E include the following:
    Antioxidant
    One of the best health benefits of vitamin E is its antioxidant capacity. Antioxidants help remove free radicals - unstable compounds that damage cell structure, increasing the risk of cancer and weakening the immune system. This also protects against eye diseases, diabetes and pancreatic disorders, and Alzheimer's Disease.
    Cholesterol reduction
    Vitamin E prevents cholesterol from being converted to plaque, which thickens the blood vessels and leads to stroke and heart disease. It also thins the blood and improves blood flow even with plaque buildup on the artery walls. Studies show that vitamin E from foods can reduce the risk of stroke in postmenopausal women, although further studies are needed to support this claim.
    Skin care
    Skin and lip protection are also well-known health benefits of vitamin E. Vitamin E helps retain moisture in the skin and prevents dryness, itchiness, and chapping. It also protects against UV radiation and speeds up wound healing. It can be applied topically and is a main ingredient in most creams, lotions, and sunscreens.
    Anti-inflammatory and pain relief
    Studies suggest that vitamin E can both relieve and prevent osteoarthritis. Its effects are similar to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which are traditionally used to relieve arthritic pain. It also improves joint mobility, preventing gout and buildup of waste material in the joints.
    IMPORTANT: Vitamin E is considered a dietary supplement, which means it is not as strictly regulated as conventional drugs. Additives in some products (such as starch, silica, and gluten) can inhibit the health benefits of vitamin E and even be harmful to your health. Buy only products that are GMP-compliant and make sure they do not contain any artificial colors or flavorings.
    Read More

    April 03, 2014

    5 Tips to Reduce Deep Wrinkles

    Neck, surrounding areas of the eyes and forehead are the most troubled areas where deep wrinkles start to develop. How long you can keep the wrinkles away depends on how proactive you are in terms of skin care. Want to know the tips to prevent deep wrinkles? Check out the section below:
    1. Sugar is Detrimental for the Skin: Avoid adding white sugar to your drinks if you do not want premature skin aging. A poorly controlled blood sugar can increase glucose level in the blood stream. The glucose sticks to the collagen, an essential protein that makes your skin look supple. This can eventually make the protein block weaker and cause sagging of the skin.
    2. Confirm You Are Not Hyaluronic Acid Deprived:
    Skin aging can be due to a natural decline in the level of hyaluronic acid in the body. The water rich hyaluronic acid makes your skin look fuller, firmer and younger. Eat sweet potatoes to promote hyaluronic acid production in the body. You will find a few skin nourishing products in the market that claim to be made of this substance. Nowadays, many pharmaceutical companies come up with new skin care creams that contain ingredients to boost hyaluronic acid level in the skin.
    3. Control Your Skin Exposure to Sun
    This is almost an indispensable lifestyle modification criteria. Sunlight can double fold your skin aging and appearance of deep wrinkles. A prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can make your skin dull, dry and also trigger the appearance of hyperpigmentation. Find out a good sunscreen cream. Although this cream will reduce the impact of dangerous UV rays whenever you come to sunlight exposure, you have to be extra cautious in terms of trying not being in the direct sunlight for too long.
    4. Never Ignore Vitamin C
    It's sad that sometimes we can't entirely stop the organ deterioration process. But what we can do is try to compensate the deficiency. Vitamin C helps to increase production of collagen under the skin. This is why an anti wrinkle treatment must have vitamin C as a major ingredient.
    5. Choose A Quality Skin Care Cream
    It is better to stick to a cream that suit to your skin. Select a day and night cream wisely. A day cream should not be too greasy; but should have an effective sun protection formula. A good cream should not cause inflammation or rashes.
    A systemic approach to an improved lifestyle can help your skin cells stay healthier. A healthy body will be able to produce new skin cells to replace the dead and weaker ones. And that way you will be able to prevent deep wrinkles for a very long time.By
    5 Tips to Reduce Deep Wrinkles
    Read More
    Loading